Perry Central School student wins River Sweep Poster contest | Arts & Culture
Brooke Lasher, a seventh grader at Perry Central School, tied for first place in the 19th annual River Sweep Poster Contest sponsored by Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission (ORSANCO).
She receives $50.
The River Sweep is an annual riverbank cleanup held each year along the Ohio River and its major tributaries. The poster contest allows students to express their creativity and brings awareness to the need to keep the Ohio clean.
The Grand Prize Winner is Amy Willis, an eleventh grader at Parkersburg South High School, WV. She will receive a $500 prize and her artwork will be used in promoting the 2013 River Sweep. In addition, the art department at Parkersburg South High School will receive $100 for art supplies.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Upcoming Events near Spencer-Perry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McCutchanville Fire Ladies Auxiliary holding benefit rummage sale, station tours
- Odor leads officers to meth lab and an arrest
- Kangaroo Express on Stringtown closed
- Showplace North hosting kids, teens activities ahead of Monsters Inc.
- Monster trucks gearing up for big weekend show at Vanderburgh County 4 H Center