Les Mis at South Spencer High | Arts & Culture
The South Spencer High School Drama Club is presenting Les Miserables with four performances planned this month at the school.
Les Miserables recounts the struggle against adversity in 19th century France. Imprisoned for stealing a loaf of bread, petty thief Jean Valjean is released from his 19-year term and not only becomes an honest man, but the mayor of a prosperous town and a loving adoptive father - violating his parole in the process. The relentless Inspector Javert, who makes a decent life for Valjean impossible, consequently pursues him. Years later, Valjean demonstrates his courage during a bloody student uprising and saves the life of a young man hopelessly in love with Valjean’s adopted daughter. Only then does the ex-convict finally feel fully redeemed.
Performances will be:
Saturday, March 9th 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 10th 2:30 p.m.
Friday, March 15th 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 16th 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now at the South Spencer High School Office during school hours Contact Person: Amy Cox, Director SSHS Drama Club Les Miserables 2013 musical email@example.com
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop