Adopt a Highway looking for help | Community Spirit
The Indiana Department of Transportation is seeking dedicated individuals or groups to join our Adopt-A-Highway program which helps significantly reduce the roadside trash problem throughout Indiana.
INDOT’s Adopt-A-Highway program coordinates with community and service groups that provide highway trash and litter pick-up in local areas. The program helps clean up our state roads and U.S. routes as well as improves the look of Indiana’s communities.
More than 1,000 groups are already making this program a success across Indiana. The Adopt-A-Highway program helps recover Indiana's natural heritage, but it can't be done without your help!
If you are a member of an organization seeking volunteering opportunities, look into the Adopt-A-Highway program. Cleaning up the state roads and U.S. routes in your area will significantly improve the aesthetics and morale of your community. Program coordinators are located in each INDOT sub-district office. They are:
- Evansville Sub (812) 867-9017
- Tell City Sub (812) 836-2112
- Vincennes Sub (812) 895-7403
INDOT area coordinators supply safety training, vests, road work signs, and trash bags to help get the job done, and local community organizations provide the manpower. In return, INDOT places a sign on the portion of highway these groups adopt for this worthwhile effort.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Upcoming Events near Spencer-Perry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status
- Gibson Co. accident claims life of young girl, injures family
- Officials release name of 11-year-old killed in I-64 accident
- Roads back opened after an accident causes a gas leak in Gibson County