Digital mammography clinic in Rockport March 22 | Health
St. Mary’s Mobile Digital Mammography is coming to Rockport next month.
St. Mary’s was the only hospital in the tri-state to offer mobile digital mammography. Digital pictures can be magnified, adjusted and previewed to see certain areas that regular film cannot. There are fewer retakes and sharper images. Digital mammograms use less radiation, making them safer for patients. All screenings include mammograms and education about breast health and early detection of breast cancer.
On March 22, the St. Mary's team will be at the office of Dr. Lloyd McGinnis on 2nd Street from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- You must be between 35 to 40 years old to receive your baseline (or initial) mammogram.
- Annual mammograms should begin at age 40.
- It must have been at least one year since your last mammogram.
- Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance are accepted.
- Assistance is available for those who qualify.
St. Mary’s “Sharing the Vision: Early Detection of Breast Cancer” recently received a grant from the Greater Evansville Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen For the Cure Foundation, which helps fund the screenings. To schedule your screening or for more information, please call the St. Mary’s Women’s Wellness Center at 1.877.580.3883 or 812.485.5725.