Authorities believe former adult bookstore is total loss after Spencer Co. fire | News
SPENCER CO, IN (WFIE)- The former Love Boutique in Spencer County was destroyed by an early morning fire and Sunday night, fire officials are investigating that fire as a possible arson.
Carter Fire District Chief Dan Reinke says the building has been empty for about four years now, so no one was injured in this fire.
He also says arson has been committed in the area of that building before, and that this looks to be a similar situation.
Reinke says the call came at 6:35 Sunday morning, and that fire crews were on scene for about four hours.
Reinke says the St. Henry Fire Department assisted Carter Fire District, and that they had trouble battling the blaze due to disconnected water lines around the building. He says the former adult store has been heavily vandalized over the past few years, and that the neighboring hotel building was set on fire three years ago.
Reinke also says the building has extensive damage, and appears to be a total loss.
"A fourth of the building is on the ground now, another fourth of it's completely burned up, the other half of the building has smoke and water damage and a lot of structural damage. So, in my opinion it would be a total loss," Reinke said.
Reinke says the Indiana State Fire Marshall's office is handling this investigation, and we will keep you updated, as we learn more.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State
- Local businesses accepting donations for Oklahoma storm victims
- Large water main break in northern Vanderburgh Co.
- Retiring North High teacher honored with resolution at Statehouse
- Hundreds of motorcyclists pass through Tri-State on cross-country trip
- Learn how to put on a good fireworks show this Saturday