First signs of new water ride arrive at Splashin' Safari | News
SANTA CLAUS, IN (WFIE)- The first shipment of colorful fiberglass has arrived at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari for the new water ride.
The in-the-dark water slide complex, originally dubbed the RhinoBlaster, has now been named Hyena Falls. Park officials said the longest of the four slides is 350 feet and includes a half-pipe element for a "back-and-forth skate-boarding effect."
Hyena Falls is part of a $6.5 Million investment in the park which also includes a new teacup ride called Kitty's Tea Party at Holidog's FunTown. Officials said they are also adding a larger high-dive pool, a new stage and seating area at the current theater, after-dark summer light shows, additional cabanas, as well as misters and fans throughout both parks.
Hyena Falls will debut on May 10 when Splashin' Safari opens for the season.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Child molestation suspect arrested in Arkansas; returned to Gibson County
- "She kept my son away from me for 13 years..."
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News