Future of coal gasification plant will be decided next week | News
ROCKPORT, IN (WFIE)- The future of the controversial coal gasification plant in Spencer County remains in doubt with a vote expected next week.
Both sides in the debate over the plant pleaded their case today before a state senate hearing in Indianapolis.
Rockport Mayor Harold Goffinet tells 14News representatives from 'Leucadia National' said the company is only willing to operate under the state's 30-year contract and the company will not go along with three-year contract intervals proposed by State Senator, Doug Eckerty.
Goffinet also says the Senate utilities committee is expected to vote on Eckerty's bill a week from Thursday.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Upcoming Events near Spencer-Perry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Showplace North hosting kids, teens activities ahead of Monsters Inc.
- Monster trucks gearing up for big weekend show at Vanderburgh County 4 H Center
- Deputies: SUV ran stop light, causes wreck on Hwy 41
- Car attempting to avoid accident causes another car to wreck into porch
- Color Blaze 5K coming to fairgrounds