Gasification plant in the hands of State Senate | News
SPENCER COUNTY, IN (WFIE)- Plans to build a new gasification plant near Rockport took another hit Thursday morning.
The Indiana Senate Utilities Committee voted 7-to-2 to approve an amended Bill 510.
The bill originally called for the plant's developer to refund potential 'rate hikes' caused by a 30-year contract between the company and the state.
However, the panel decided to strip that provision from the bill.
Though they did add in other provisions that protect rate-payers.
Now, the bill will move to the full Senate Chamber for consideration.
The question of the contract's overall validity is being left up to the State Supreme Court.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Upcoming Events near Spencer-Perry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gibson Co. officials approve economic development along I-69
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status