Cannelton mayor hopes to bring businesses to city | News
PERRY CO., IN (WFIE)- In Perry County, Government officials in Cannelton arem oving forward with the town's revitalization effort.
Mayor Mary Snyder says the town has already hired engineering firm 'Triad Associates' to build new lamp posts and reconstruct curbing around town.
Snyder also says she would like to see new businesses come to Cannelton, and she believes public suggestions could be key to making that happen.
"We want community involvement," says Snyder. "And I think that's what we really need to get the community back, coming alive, and you know, bring them back on the streets. Maybe we can get a couple of restaurants. And we're just really looking forward to getting this done. And then next year we can go in for grant money to actually do the work."
If you have a suggestion, the mayor is holding a public meeting at city hall Monday at 6:00 p.m.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Upcoming Events near Spencer-Perry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status
- Gibson Co. accident claims life of young girl, injures family
- Officials release name of 11-year-old killed in I-64 accident
- Roads back opened after an accident causes a gas leak in Gibson County