Man arrested after leading officers on wild two state chase | News
DAVIESS CO., KY (WFIE)- Just after midnight on Sunday morning KSP troopers say they attempted to stop a Black 2001 Toyota Camry on KY54 in Daviess Co. for suspicion of driving under the influence.
Officials say the vehicle which was operated by Andrew D. Dampier led police on a pursuit that extended into Spencer County, Indiana. Spencer County Sheriff's Department then pursued the vehicle where Mr. Dampier struck a Spencer County Deputies vehicle causing an accident.
The pursuit then came back into Kentucky where stop sticks were deployed and the pursuit ended a short time later and Dampier was apprehended.
Dampier was lodged in the Daviess County Detention Center.
KSP says Dampier will have pending charges in Indiana as well.
- Fleeing or Evading Police 1st Degree,
- DUI 3rd offense aggravated circumstances,
- Wanton Endangerment 1st degree,
- Driving on a DUI suspended license,
- Possession of license with privileges revoked,
- Speeding 26 mph over the limit,
- Failure of owner to maintain required insurance 1st offense,
- Reckless driving, and Resisting arrest.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.