Old U.S. Route 231 to Close in Spencer County for railroad work | Transportation
The Indiana Department of Transportation announces that Old U.S. Route 231 will be closing in Spencer County.
Norfolk Southern Railroad will be repairing their crossing north of Chrisney. Crews will close Old U.S. 231 from the junction of State Road 70 (S.R. 70) to the junction of State Road 162 (S.R. 162).
Work will begin on Monday, March 25, at approximately 8:00 a.m. local time. It is anticipated the roadway will re-open to traffic by 5:00 p.m. local time on Friday, March 29.
No through vehicle traffic will be allowed, however local residents will have access to the point of closure. All lanes of traffic will be closed at the railroad crossing, 2.50 miles north of S.R. 70. The official detour will follow S.R. 70, new U.S. 231 and S.R. 162.
Top Spencer-Perry County Stories
Upcoming Events near Spencer-Perry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McCutchanville Fire Ladies Auxiliary holding benefit rummage sale, station tours
- Odor leads officers to meth lab and an arrest
- Kangaroo Express on Stringtown closed
- Showplace North hosting kids, teens activities ahead of Monsters Inc.
- Monster trucks gearing up for big weekend show at Vanderburgh County 4 H Center